Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Yaremche was built and consecrated in 1911. The church was built with the assistance of the parish priest Dora village, an adviser to the episcopal consistory of Father Hryhoriy Hromadka (1836–1912).
The building was led by masters from Kosmach. A small two-tiered bell tower was built later in 1938. It is emphatically functional, but enhances the clear contours of the temple with its simplicity.
The church is wooden, built in the shape of a cross, five-log, covered with galvanized sheet metal, one-story, located in the cemetery. The building is decorated with carvings by the famous master of folk art Ivan Brusturniak.
Chapel of Peter and Paul
The chapel of Peter and Paul is located in the tract Bagrivets near Yaremche. The chapel belongs to the parish of St. John the Merciful, located in the Yamna village.
The churchyard of the chapel is located on a high hill near the forest, covered with grass. The fence is made of steel welded mesh, the gate is made of metal, with elements of artistic forging.
The chapel is wooden, built in 2000 and consecrated on July 12, 2000 in honor of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. Construction began much earlier, as evidenced by the inscription on the foundation: "1996".
Church of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist
The Church of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist is located in the central part of Yaremche on Svobody Street 273 to the left of the Ivano-Frankivsk-Rakhiv highway.
Construction of the church began in March 1997 according to the project of architect Oleg Kozak. The courtyard is located slightly below the main road, it is flat. The yard is covered with grass, the sidewalks are paved.
There is an open chapel with a sculpture of the Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculately Conceived to the left of the church.
Church of St. John the Merciful
The Church of St. John the Merciful is located in the center of Yamna village (near Yaremche). The building in common with the bell tower belong to the monuments of sacred art of the Hutsul type.
The first mention of the church comes from the list compiled by the Bishop of Lviv Joseph Shumlianskyi in 1701, where it was named in honor of the Holy Trinity. According to some sources, the church is mentioned as the temple of St. Michael the Archangel. According to another version, it was built in Yamna village with a new dedication to St. John the Merciful in 1766. This building is a masterpiece of Hutsul sacred architecture.
The temple is located in the cemetery, in the lowlands on the plain under the mountain. The area is very picturesque, the yard is covered with grass, deciduous trees grow around it.
Church of the Holy Prophet Elijah
The Church of the Holy Prophet Elijah belongs to the monastery of monks of the Studio Charter of the Holy Dormition Univ Lavra. It is located on the territory of the monastery of the Studite fathers in Dora village (148 Svobody Street).
However, it should be noted that this is a new building, erected in 2015. The former church, built in 1938, was burned by some enemies on March 15, 2014 during the Revolution of Dignity in Kiev.
The monastery complex includes a church building, a monastery house, a chapel with a bell tower, outbuildings and a well. It has the shape of an octagon in plan above the ground, lined with stone tiles.
Monastery complex of the Sisters of Mercy of St. Vincent
The congregation was founded in Belgium in 1837. In 1926, Metropolitan Andrei Sheptytsky founded the eastern branch of the Sisters of Mercy in Galicia.
The Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy of St. Vincent in Yaremche was founded in 2002. The construction of the monastery in Dora began in 1994, as evidenced by the inscription on the foundation. The work was carried out on the initiative and thanks to the efforts of the missionary Father Yaroslav Svyshchuk.
The monastery complex was built on a hillside above the Prut River. It includes a four-story Kornyakt tower (built on the model of the famous Lviv Kornyakt tower, one of the best architectural gems of Lviv) topped by a helmet-shaped dome with a cross, and a two-story house.
Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul
The Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul is located in the intermountains above the bank of a mountain stream on the outskirts of Dora village. The church was built and consecrated on July 24, 2000.
The shrine, along with other additional buildings that were designed as the monastery of St. Andrew's Congregation, as well as the mission catechetical center, is the only wooden architectural complex.
In front of it is the "City of Martyrs" - a symbolic tomb on which rises the cross with the Crucifixion. At the foot of the tomb on stone pedestals are sculptures - a bust of the martyrs of the UGCC. Among them are Metropolitan Andrei Sheptytskyi, Cardinal Joseph Slipyi, Bishop Hryhoriy Khomyshyn, and others.
Church of the Holy Trinity
The Church of the Holy Trinity in Mykulychyn village stands on Hrushevskoho Street, in the center of the village, near the Ivano-Frankivsk-Rakhiv highway.
The church is wooden, built in 1866. The first Liturgy took place in 1868. The consecration of the church took place on the temple day of St. Paraskeva, so the church is dedicated to the Holy Martyr Paraskeva Friday in addition to the Holy Trinity.
The church is an architectural monument (memorial № 1140). Next to the church there is an old bell tower, which is an interesting monument of small sacred architecture. It is known that the temple was built according to the project of the kaiser-royal engineer and architect of the Nadvirna district government J. Chaikovetskyi.
Church of the Ascension
The construction of the new church began in 1999 at the initiative of the Polumystyi village community and under the leadership of parishioner Vasyl Kurtiak. The land plot for the temple with an area of 57 acres was provided by the village council. Construction was completed in 2003.
The Church of the Ascension is wooden, cruciform, single-storey, built in the framework technique. The building consists of five main rectangular log cabins: the central (nave) - domed space, the eastern (altar), the western (babynec) and two sidewalls (krylos).
Near the church flows a small river Prutets.
Church of Holy Great-Martyr Demetrius of Thessaloniki
The Church of the Holy Great-Martyr Demetrius of Thessaloniki in Tatariv village is located on Nezalezhnosti Street. It was designed by architect F. Menchynskyi in the Hutsul style of wood (spruce). The base is cruciform.
The temple stands in a prominent central place in the cemetery, which is now closed.
The church was built in the framework technique. Around the church is a rim, which leans on the upper crowns of the log house, popularly called "krysy". The temple is an architectural monument of the XVIII century.
According to legend, the church was built by Austrian masters in 1711, and painted by artists from Italy.
Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin
The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, which operated in Vorokhta earlier, was built in 1615 in Voronenka village and moved to Vorokhta in 1780 to the place above the new cemetery, where the founders of the villages Yaniuky and Vorokhta are buried.
In 1860 the church was moved to the place where it stands today. The restoration of the temple as an architectural monument was completed in 1979. However, the church was not used for worship.
The church was opened in 1990, in 1994 it was consecrated by Bishop Pavlo Vasylyk.
The temple belongs to the ancient relics of Ukrainian national architecture.
Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin
There are two churches of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin in Vorokhta village. The church you are describing is a parish church. It is located at 123 Danyla Halytskoho Street. The need to build a new church building arose due to the increase in the population of Vorokhta. Olena Mocherna donated a place for the construction of the temple. The construction of the church lasted from 1924 to 1929 under the leadership of Fr. Dmitry Yugan, who served here until 1932.
The church is dedicated to the Green Holiday of 1929.
The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin is wooden, cruciform.
Church of the Miracle of Archangel Michael
Church of the Miracle of Archangel Michael (September 19 church) of the former Nadvirna, now Yaremche deanery; wooden, built in 1823, rebuilt in 1844
The patrons of the church were the kaiser and the state government.
In 1990, Father Mykhailo Kosylo (1932–2000), the rector of the underground seminary and rector of the underground seminary, became the parish priest in Dora.
The church is located in Yaremche at 32 Kamiantsi Street, on the territory of the cemetery.
The administrator of the church nowadays is a student of Fr. Mikhailo Kosylo Fr. Ivan Leibiuk.
Church of the Assumption of the Mother of God
In Yablunytsia village there was an old church of St. Elijah the Prophet (temple on August 2). The church was wooden, built in 1895. The church was destroyed during the First World War. It was rebuilt in 1919. The parish was founded in 1765.
The churchyard is located in the cemetery on a hill 100 meters from the main road leading from Yaremche to Rakhiv. The courtyard and cemetery area is hilly, covered with grass, lined with deciduous trees and flower beds, which create a feeling of comfort. Footpaths are paved in the courtyard.
Church of the Sacred Heart of Christ
Voronenka village belongs to the parish of Yablunytsia. The Church of the Sacred Heart of Christ in Voronenka village is one of the churches in Ukraine, standing at the highest altitude (approximately 930 m). It was built in 2006.
The building is wooden, one-storey, it is cross-shaped at the base. Built in the framework technique. The churchyard is flat, located on a hill with a majestic panorama of the Carpathian Mountains.
Church of the Entry into the Church of the Blessed Virgin
According to Roman Protsak, who calls the village Polianytsia Popovycheva, the Chapel of the Entry into the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (April 7 church) was later assigned to the parish of Yablunytsia village. It is mentioned as a church in 1835. There was a fraternity at the church.
The modern Church of the Entry into the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary is located at 5a Karpatska Street. The church is a cross in plan, one-storey, built in 1991, it was consecrated on December 4, 1991 by Bishop Pavlo Vasylyk.